I wrote this note 2.5 years ago, and stumbled on it again today; this is my prayer today and always.
During a much needed prayer walk this afternoon, I was reminded of John 3:30, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” After a bit, my mind wandered on to reflect more specifically about things I wanted more and less of.
• More of a balance between rest and purposeful activities and less “obligations” on the calendar
• More focused, faithful walking with the Lord and less people pleasing
• More intentionality in the things I own and less material possessions that I don’t use
• More time before the Lord and less time worrying
• More wisdom, grace, assertiveness, and action to bring appropriate change and less complaining
• More grace, mercy, respect, assertiveness, and encouragement and less gossiping
•More Jesus. So much more Jesus. And less of anything that gets in the way.
What do you want more // less of?